Cancer Home > Anzemet
- The tablet form of this medication is taken by mouth, usually within one hour before chemotherapy.
- Anzemet also comes in an injectable form that is given by an IV about 15 minutes before the end of surgery (or given as soon as nausea starts, after surgery, if it was not given earlier).
- The injectable form can also be taken by mouth (when mixed with apple or apple-grape juice). This is useful for children who cannot swallow tablets (or who need a smaller dose than is available in tablet form).
- Anzemet can be taken with or without food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- Whether you are having surgery or chemotherapy
- Your age and weight
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.