Cancer Home > Alemtuzumab Dosage
General Information on Using AlemtuzumabSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with alemtuzumab include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a liquid that is given as a slow injection into a vein (called an intravenous or IV infusion).
- The injection will be given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic. It will take at least two hours for you to receive your dosage.
- You will be given medication by mouth about 30 minutes before your alemtuzumab dosage to help reduce the risk of side effects during the infusion.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Be sure to keep all your appointments to receive alemtuzumab.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or dosing with alemtuzumab in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.