Cancer Home > Actiq Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Actiq side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- The urge to use more Actiq than prescribed or for a non-medical purpose (see Actiq Abuse)
- Any difficulty breathing, including reduced, shallow, slow, or irregular breathing
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Severe drowsiness
- Cold and clammy skin
- Feeling faint, extremely dizzy, or confused
- Severe constipation
- Unusual changes in behavior or mood (including depression, hostility, agitation, or anxiety)
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not really there)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the Actiq side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using this drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.