Cancer Home > Acetaminophen and Pentazocine
- This medication comes as a tablet. It is normally taken by mouth every four hours as needed for pain relief.
- Do not take more than six tablets a day.
- You should not take this medication in combination with other products that contain acetaminophen unless your healthcare provider advises you to do so. Taking too much acetaminophen can be dangerous (see Tylenol Poisoning).
- Acetaminophen and pentazocine can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to upset your stomach.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not take more than prescribed or stop the medication suddenly without your healthcare provider's approval.
- Your pain level
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking.