Cancer Home > Abstral
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to using Abstral if you have:
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence or abuse
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of breathing problems, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or any other lung disease
- A head injury, brain tumor, or increased pressure around the brain
- A history of seizures
- A slow heart rate or other heart problems
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Abstral and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Abstral and Breastfeeding).