Alternative Kidney Cancer Treatment
Questions on Alternative Treatments
Patients should discuss the possible benefits and harmful effects of alternative treatments for kidney cancer with their doctor prior to trying them. Questions to ask your healthcare provider about alternative options include the following:
- What benefits can I expect from this approach?
- What are its risks?
- Do the expected benefits outweigh the risks?
- What side effects should I watch for?
- Will this alternative treatment change the way my cancer treatment works?
- Could this treatment be harmful?
- Is this approach under study in a kidney cancer clinical trial?
- If so, who sponsors the trial?
- Will my health insurance pay for this approach?