Side Effects of Eribulin
Interested in a Discount on Eribulin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Eribulin has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people receiving eribulin were documented and then compared to the side effects that occurred in a group of people receiving different types of chemotherapy.
In these studies, the most common side effects of eribulin included but were not limited to:
- Neutropenia (low levels of a certain type of white blood cell called neutrophils) -- in up to 82 percent of people
- Anemia -- up to 58 percent (see Chemotherapy and Anemia)
- Fatigue or weakness -- up to 54 percent
- Hair loss -- up to 45 percent (see Chemotherapy and Hair Loss)
- Peripheral neuropathy (nerve pain or other nerve problems in the feet or hands) -- up to 35 percent (see Nerve and Muscle Problems During Chemotherapy)
- Nausea -- up to 35 percent (see Chemotherapy and Nausea)
- Thrombocytopenia (low levels of blood platelets) -- up to 48 percent (see Blood Clotting Problems and Chemotherapy)
- Fatigue -- up to 37 percent.
Other common side effects, occurring in 10 to 22 percent of people, included:
- Inflammation of the mouth or other mucous membranes (see Mouth and Gum Problems During Chemotherapy)
- Diarrhea (see Chemotherapy-Induced Diarrhea)
- Joint pain or muscle pain
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Arm or leg pain
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- A urinary tract infection (UTI), such as a bladder infection.