Side Effects of BexxarJust like any medicine, Bexxar can cause side effects, some of which can be significant. Although not everyone who receives this medicine will have problems, most people will experience some type of adverse reaction to this drug.
Talk to your healthcare provider about strategies to prevent or treat side effects you may experience. He or she may give you medicines to help manage some of the reactions caused by this drug.
Common side effects of Bexxar include but are not limited to:
- Low blood cell counts
- Lack of strength or weakness
(Click Bexxar Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsBexxar may react with several other medicines (see Bexxar Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- An infection or easily get infections
- Plans to receive a vaccination
- Thyroid problems
- A history of an adverse reaction to a mouse protein
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Bexxar and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Bexxar and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Bexxar Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not receive the drug.)