General Information on Receiving BexxarSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Bexxar include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a liquid that is given as a slow injection into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, infusion).
- You will be given four total infusions on two different days -- two infusions one day, followed by two more infusions on the same day of the week, one to two weeks later.
- It normally takes about 90 minutes to receive your infusions, although your appointment may take longer.
- The infusion will be given by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic.
- In addition to Bexxar, you will be given other medications that will help protect your thyroid gland and prevent infusion reactions.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It is important to keep your appointments to receive your doses of Bexxar.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Bexxar dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.