What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking bevacizumab if you have:
- Heart disease
- A history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any infection or fever
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Avastin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Avastin and Breastfeeding)
- Planning to have a surgery.
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Bevacizumab to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)