Side Effects of Anastrozole: An Overview
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with anastrozole
); however, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with anastrozole. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of anastrozole side effects with you.)
Serious Anastrozole Side Effects
Some side effects with anastrozole, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Depression (see Arimidex and Depression)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Difficulty breathing
- Unusual or unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Increase in tumor size or appearance of new tumors
- Signs of a heart attack, such as chest pain, arm or jaw pain, or shortness of breath
- Signs of a blood clot, such as pain, swelling, or tenderness (especially in the legs)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.