Acetaminophen and Pentazocine Dosage
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with acetaminophen and pentazocine include the following:
- This medication comes as a tablet. It is normally taken by mouth every four hours as needed for pain.
- Do not take more than six tablets a day.
- You should not take this medication in combination with other products that contain acetaminophen unless your healthcare provider advises you to do so. Taking too much acetaminophen can be dangerous (see Tylenol Poisoning).
- Acetaminophen and pentazocine can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not take more than prescribed or stop the medication suddenly without your healthcare provider's approval.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of acetaminophen and pentazocine, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.