Serious Side Effects
side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- The urge to take more Abstral than prescribed or for a nonmedical purpose (see Abstral Abuse)
- Any difficulty breathing, including reduced, shallow, slow, or irregular breathing
- Cold and clammy skin
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Extreme drowsiness, especially when accompanied by slow breathing
- Feeling faint, extremely dizzy, or confused
- Severe constipation
- Unusual changes in behavior or mood (including depression, hostility, agitation, paranoia, or anxiety)
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not really there)
- Pain, irritation, or sores in the mouth
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Abstral or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.