Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart problems, including heart failure
- An abnormal heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Had a recent heart attack
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- A history of problems with your adrenal or pituitary gland
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zytiga and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zytiga and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Abiraterone to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for AbirateroneThe dose of abiraterone your healthcare provider recommends may vary, depending on whether you have liver problems or develop liver problems during treatment. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Abiraterone Dosage for more information.)
Drug InteractionsAbiraterone may react with several other medications (see Drug Interactions With Abiraterone).